DECOR >> ENTERTAINING
New Year's In the Pink
Ring in 2008 with a fancy New Year's cocktail party and a fresh, new holiday colour!
Photography by Lars Ranek
Food Styling by Carina Malling Skronski
Styling by Simone Bendix
Countdown to MidnightFollow our pre-party planner so you don't miss a step.
3 Days Before
- Stock up on decor/craft supplies.
- Make almond square dough.
- Bake almond squares and keep in a sealed container.
- Make horseradish butter.
- Make postcard flowers and chains, assemble rockets, and put stripes on ice bucket. The work is really fast if a friend or your kids help.
- Make vinaigrette.
- Prep radish and store in cold water.
- Purchase fish and oysters.
- Chop pickled beets.
- Make ricotta mixture and refrigerate in ramekins.
- Hang paper lanterns.
- Pin up pink wrapping paper or fabric backdrop behind serving table.
- Set up serving table.
- Pick up fresh or potted flowers.
- Ice almond squares.
- Make granita.
- Bake ricotta.
- Cook fish.
- Dress serving table with flowers, ice-bucket planter and faux fireworks.
- Chill Champagne.