Recipe & food styling by David Grenier
Photography by Rob Fiocca
First published in Wish April 2008
Prosciutto Chicken & Roasted Asparagus
A chicken wrap with a twist
Ingredients (Serves 4)
|2 tbsp||balsamic vinegar|
|1 tbsp||fresh thyme|
|4||chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, tenders removed|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 bunch||asparagus, trimmed|
|1 cup||dry white wine or chicken stock|
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Brush prosciutto with 1 tablespoon vinegar, sprinkle with thyme and season with pepper. Wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around each piece of chicken.
- In an ovenproof, non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3 minutes. Flip and cook 2 minutes, transfer skillet to oven and roast, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss asparagus with remaining oil and roast on a baking sheet, about 8 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven, transfer to cutting board and tent with foil. Return skillet to high heat and deglaze with wine and remaining vinegar, scraping up any brown bits. Bring to a boil and reduce sauce for 3 minutes.
- Divide asparagus and chicken among plates and drizzle with sauce.
Nutrients per serving: 342 calories, 12 g fat, 42 g protein, 6 g carbs, 2 g fibre. Excellent source of folate and iron.