Photography by Rob Fiocca
Food styling by Ian Muggridge
Prop styling by Felice Morsillo
First published in Wish October 2005
Spicy Shrimp Pasta
While this meal is scrumptious, using whole-wheat pasta ensures you reap health benefits without giving up taste.
Ingredients (SERVES 6 )
|1/4 cup||extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|2||Thai chilies*, finely chopped|
|2||limes, zested and juiced|
|1||500-g box whole-wheat spaghetti|
|1 lb||shrimp, peeled and de-veined|
|4 cups||spinach, washed|
- Warm oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, chilies and lime zest. Cook for 2 minutes until warm and fragrant. Remove pan from heat and allow flavours to mingle.
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling, salted water until desired doneness.
- Gently reheat flavoured olive oil and sauté shrimp until just pink, about 2-3 minutes.
- Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to cook shrimp in batches.
- Drain pasta and toss immediately with flavoured oil and shrimp. Toss to coat well and heat through.
- Remove from heat. Mix in spinach and lime juice. Top with a drizzle of olive oil and cracked black pepper.
Nutrients per serving: 501 calories, 16 g fat, 28 g protein, 66 g carbs, 7 g fibre. Very high source of fibre. Excellent source of vitamins B12, D and E, thiamin, folate, iron, phosphorus, zinc and magnesium. Good source of vitamin B6 and niacin.