Recipe Developed by Leeanne Wright
Photography by Michael Alberstat
Food Styling by Ian Muggridge
Prop Styling by Jane Hardin
First published in Wish November 2005
The prosciutto, cheese and herbs help to infuse flavour and keep the chicken moist.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
|2||tbsp olive oil|
|24||fresh sage leaves|
|1||2-oz piece Parmesan|
|2||tbsp unsalted butter|
|2||tsp minced garlic|
|1/2||cup white wine|
- Skin chicken and gently de-bone, trying to keep pieces intact. Cut large de-boned parts into 10 pieces of same size.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add sage leaves in a single layer. Gently fry on both sides until crisp but not brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate. Do not drain oil from pan.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make 20 Parmesan shavings.
- Lay out a piece of prosciutto. At one end, top with a fried sage leaf, then cheese shaving, a piece of chicken, another piece of cheese and finish with another sage leaf. Roll up with prosciutto. Lay seam-side down. Repeat with remaining prosciutto slices.
- Reheat skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté chicken bundles on all sides until prosciutto is crisp and chicken is heated through. Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Add butter to remaining oil in skillet. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add white wine and boil to reduce slightly. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over chicken and garnish with reserved sage leaves and Parmesan shavings. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving: 437 calories, 27 g fat, 41 g protein, 1 g carbs. Excellent source of vitamin D and niacin. Good source of vitamins B6 and B12, calcium, phosphorus and zinc.