Recipes Developed by Michele Schmidt
Photography by James Tse
Food Styling by Ian Muggridge
Prop Styling by Lara McGraw
First published in Wish September 2006
Grilled Asian Salmon
The bold Dijon soy sauce stands up perfectly to the strong natural flavour of salmon. Rice and sugar snap peas are perfect accompaniments.
Ingredients (Makes 4 servings)
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|6||tablespoons olive oil|
|3||tablespoons soy sauce|
|2||tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|4||salmon fillets, 4-6 oz. each, skin on|
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Mix together garlic, olive oil, soy sauce and Dijon mustard.
- Put half of this sauce on top of salmon filets.
- Place filets on barbecue, skin-side down, for 5 minutes.
- Flip and grill another 5 minutes.
- Pour remaining sauce onto salmon before serving.
Nutrients per serving (with 1 cup rice and 1/2 cup sugar snap peas): 689 calories, 30 g fat, 36 g protein, 65 g carbohydrates, 2 g fibre. Excellent source of vitamin C, folate and iron.