BEAUTY >> HAIR
Summer Hair Care Advice
Prevent frizzies and have gorgeous, shiny hair all season long.
Before you start exploring the multitude of remedies on the market, make sure your daily routine is working for your hair, not against it.
- Eat a balanced diet. Vitamins and nutrients are an important part of keeping hair (and skin) looking beautiful.
- Choose foods with omega-3s, which help bring out shiny hair from within. Think tuna and salmon, canola oil and flaxseed.
- Use lukewarm water when rinsing hair. Hot water can cause damage and frizz.
- Get in the habit of using weekly deep-conditioning hair masques or hot-oil treatments.
- Give your scalp a massage while conditioning your hair to encourage healthy hair from the roots.
- Invest in a professional hair dryer with 1500-1800 watts. Weaker models take longer to dry and tend to shrivel hair.
- Trim ends regularly. Every six to 12 weeks is a good rule of thumb.
- Give your hair a break! Lay off styling and products completely every once in a while.
First published in Wish Summer 2005