Recipe excerpted from Spices of Life
foodJoin the 20-Minute Supper Club»
Tandoori Chicken Roll-Ups
This Indian-inspired, yogurt-based marinade tenderizes and flavours the chicken.
Ingredients (Serves 6)Tandoori Marinade:
|1¾ cups||low-fat plain yogurt|
|2½ tbsp||minced ginger|
|1½ tbsp||minced garlic|
|1 tsp||dried chili flakes, or to taste|
|1¼ tsp||ground cumin|
|1¼ tsp||dried oregano|
|1/2 tsp||freshly ground black pepper|
|1½ lb||boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat|
|3 tbsp||extra-virgin olive oil|
|18||flour tortillas, folded in half or in quarters, and warmed|
|1½ cups||plain yogurt|
|1/2 tsp||ground cumin|
|3 tbsp||chopped fresh mint leaves|
|1 tsp||salt, or to taste|
- In a small bowl, combine all marinade ingredients together.
- Toss chicken breasts in marinade to coat and let marinate, covered in the fridge, for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill and brush with olive oil. Arrange chicken 3 inches from heat, cover, and grill until cooked through, about 6 to 7 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- While chicken is cooking, combine mint-yogurt ingredients in a small bowl.
- Arrange flour tortillas on a serving plate. Cut cooked chicken into thin slices and arrange on a platter.
- To serve, arrange chicken slices in a flour tortilla, spoon over dressing and roll up. Serve with vegetables or salad.
Excerpted from Spices of Life by Nina Simonds Copyright © 2005 by Nina Simonds. Excerpted by permission of Knopf, a division of Random House of Canada Limited. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
*Find this and other great recipes in…
Spices of Life
By Nina Simonds
Nina Simonds offers us more than 175 luscious recipes, along with practical tips for a sensible lifestyle. With easy-to-prepare recipes and concise health information, this delightful book opens up a whole new world of tastes for us to enjoy every day and to share with family and friends.
*This recipe has been adapted from its original.